Our motto is Where History and Innovation Play. Not only was Bobby Jones one of the greatest golfers of all time, after he sank the Grand Slam winning putt on the 11th hole at Merion Golf Club, he became a serial entrepreneur and inventor. So, how well have we done to follow in his footsteps?
· One of our clubs has no tee markers. Just pick a spot and play.
· One of our clubs has a pro shop like an Apple store. No counter. Minimalist décor and displays. Golf ball and glove vending machines. Just iPads, a huge TV, and check-in where you want.
· One of our clubs has an amazing reversible golf course designed by Bob Cupp. It’s only one of four out of 14,000+ golf courses in the U.S.
· We pioneered the underground range ball shooting system twenty years ago. 40,000 range balls shot in succession 200 yards from the maintenance building to the ball machine. Lots of labor was saved and bad backs prevented.
· All of our daily fee and resort clubs use state-of-the-art dynamic pricing systems.Yields increase and so does the bottom line.
· One of our clubs has a Himalayas putting course like the famous one at St. Andrews,Scotland. It’s 23,000 square feet of pure, hilly, putting fun that will soon be home to the Calamity Jane Putting Championship for professionals and amateurs alike.
· All of our clubs use the Entrepreneurial Operating System for more productive meetings and goal setting. This fast forwards the results our teams produce.
· All of our associates (employees) enjoy unlimited vacation. How many club companies can say that?
· Our Big Giveaway marketing campaigns have sent customers to Australia, Scotland, Mexico, Japan, and Italy. It’s part of our go big or go home thinking.
· One of our clubs is close to a 90% remote check-in rate. Customers can go straight from their car to the first tee without having to check in the pro shop. This is innovation in a pandemic time.
Add to the list: Bobby Jones Links was one of the first to adopt the Longleaf Tee System, TifTuf Bermuda grass, Talent Plus hiring, the Shark Experience in golf carts, and use of the Club Car Tempo robotic walk-behind cars.
These and other reasons are why Textron named us Innovator of the Year. We think Bobby Jones would be happy to see we have continued his legacy of invention, taking risk, and being a change leader.
The Bobby Jones name can be an asset to your club, but that’s not our focus. We realize every club is unique and its brand is special, which is why it is about you, not us, and why we always work in the background.