1. How long have you worked with Bobby Jones Links?
Since July 2020
2. Where did you grow up? Tell us about it.
I grew up in Williamsburg, VA and lived on a golf course in Kings Mill. I was a member of the Fife and Drum Core of Colonial Williamsburg. I was active in Boy Scouts and played all the sports I could.
3. What are your passions outside of work?
I enjoy cooking, reading, movies, and I have recently started playing golf again.
4. Tell us a cool story about being a sommelier.
I have been able to travel to wine regions around the world and meet incredible people. In 2013, I was co-sommelier of the year in Atlanta.
5. Who inspires you in your life and why?
My fellow teammates do little things that inspire me regularly, and my kids learning and growing.
6. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done?
Crazy and looking back, it was stupid, but when I was younger I climbed Tennessee Wall all 200 ft without a rope.
7. You’ve been with Bobby Jones Links for just a short time.What has stood out about your experience with them?
The support from top to bottom and everyone’s genuine! We want to learn and improve daily.
8. What is your favorite movie? Why?
9. If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?
I would want to fly. There are so many places I would like to visit!
10. What’s still on your bucket list?
Go to The Masters golf tournament and make wine in Oregon.
The principals of Bobby Jones Links own the company - we are not driven by investor expectations or private equity pressure. The benefit to you is happier associates and long-term thinking.
As a result, we don’t leverage our operational leadership across too many clubs. And unlike many companies in our business, we don’t require long-term management agreements with large breakup fees. If you like what we do, you’ll keep us. For more than two decades our clients have renewed our management services more than any other company.